Planning to build a luxury home, but don’t want to miss out on the latest trends? As this is likely one of your biggest investments, it is smart to make sure that the place you live has a modern and universal appeal. Keep these in mind when designing and building your dream home.
1. Automate everything – From the shutters to the door locks, a significant portion of the upper class is now automating many aspects of their homes. The added convenience is an excellent way to simplify daily life, letting them save their time, attention, and energy for the things that matter most.
2. Unique styling – Gone are the boring and generic designs of luxury homes of the early 2000s; modern homeowners want something special. They build properties that are eye-catching, memorable, and truly one of a kind.
Having a house with a bit too much personality can affect the resale value, however, so most make a compromise. They start with a pre-existing design, and then work with experienced luxury home builders to make sure that their home is unique and perfect for their needs.
3. Going small – Who really needs eight guest bedrooms? The more practical elite know that an excessively huge house is good only for bragging, and not much else. Saving themselves the hassle by going with a smaller, but no less impressive and luxurious home is definitely a growing trend.
4. Various amenities – Of course, while the traditional swimming pool and home gym are still supreme, many luxury homes now include slightly less common amenities. Things like saunas in the master bedroom and private elevators are becoming increasingly popular among the more affluent members of society.
5. Outdoor entertainment areas – Why settle for anything less than the perfect outdoor party area? The distinguished and influential homeowner knows that a host is only as good as the entertainment they provide, so they do not mind spending more on creating an elaborate outdoor venue for their celebrations.
Considering how high the stakes are, taking the time to plan your luxury home is essential. Make sure that it not only suits your every need and preference, but will have lasting value through the years.